The oldest icon depicting this image was painted in 1157 by order of prince Andrzej Bogolubski when he moved from Wyszogród to Wlodimir. He had visions of Maria, holding a scroll of parchment in her right hand, asking him to bring her image with him to Wlodimir. A church and an Orthodox monastery were built there, and then the prince asked the painter to depict his vision. Maria is presented in full, she holds a parchment in her right hand and her left hand is turned towards the savior in a gesture of prayer. In 1771, a feast was celebrated to commemorate the anniversary of Vladimir's defense against the plague.